Well, the holidays are over and we’ve all had enough of turkey and egg nog. It’s time for some self-reflection. If your reflection whispers “turkey waddles” and your jiggly, waddly neck is causing you frustration, take heart, you are not alone. Our necks are one of the first places we show our age…saggy, loose skin shows up out of the blue and does nothing for our self-confidence.
A popular cosmetic surgical procedure, the neck lift, also known as a cervicoplasty or platysmaplasty, is an appealing alternative to living with your waddles. A neck lift tightens the skin and underlying muscles of your neck and improves the contour of your jawline. During the procedure, an incision is made beginning at the level of the sideburns at the hairline and continues along the area around the ear, ending at the back of the hair. The neck skin is lifted and excess fat may be repositioned or sculpted to achieve optimum results. The neck muscle is tightened and the underlying neck tissues are repositioned.
As a less invasive alternative to a facelift, a neck lift can produce dramatic results.
• Clarify your goals and your expectations.
• During your initial consultation, we will explain your options and go over your expectations.
• As with any surgery, you must be in good health. If you are a smoker, try to cut back, or better yet, quit.
• You will need to take time off work and arrange for help at home, if that is appropriate.
• Be sure to tell us any medications you take or any health concerns you may have.
• Improvement is noticeable within days of the surgery. Visible bruising and swelling gradually disappear, and most patients can resume social activities after two weeks.
• You should avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for a few weeks.
• Eat well, drink lots of water, take it easy, rest and pamper yourself.
Now is the perfect time to call for a consultation with Dr. Price…meet with him and let him explain more about this confidence-changing procedure: (203) 453-6635.