The Holidays are here! Now is the perfect time to treat yourself to one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world – a chemical peel. Chemical peels are one of the most popular non-surgical aesthetic procedures because they are quick, affordable and are performed as an outpatient procedure.
Aging skin can show the effects of genetics, depleted hormones and the environment.
A chemical peel removes the damaged outer layers of your skin, effectively treating uneven skin pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, acne and it’s scars, sun-damaged skin and pre-cancerous growths. A chemical peel will leave your skin with a healthy, younger-looking glow.
A chemical peel is a controlled injury which causes your skin cells to separate and exfoliation to begin. A peel uses an acid solution to remove the damaged, outer layers of your skin, enhancing and smoothing your skin’s texture. Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol are applied to your skin, depending on the condition being treated and your unique skin type.
Dr. Price will evaluate your skin and tailor a peel formula and strength to your unique needs, ensuring you the most beneficial results.
Read on to learn more…
- Medications will be administered for your comfort during your peel.
- When your peel is completed, your resurfaced skin will be covered with a protective ointment.
- Your skin will begin to peel 2-5 days after the peel.
- You will be instructed to wash the peel area gently with a mild cleanser, and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Seven to 10 days after your peel, new pink skin will emerge.
- The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight until the pinkness fades and be sure to use sunscreen.
- The amount of time it takes for a full recovery varies with each patient.
Experience the glow of younger-looking skin…call to book an appointment for a chemical peel with Dr. Price, today: (203) 453-6635.