As the seasons change and with the holidays just around the corner, now is the perfect time to consider an eye lift!
The march of Father Time, genetics and exposure to the sun’s rays work to cause the lids of your eyes to droop and unsightly bags to form under your eyes.
Droopy eyelids and under eye bags are major reasons women and men alike are considering eye lift surgery or blepharoplasty. A blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure which tightens and removes excess upper and lower eyelid skin, muscle and sometimes fat for a more alert and youthful appearance. Although it’s most commonly done as a cosmetic procedure, a blepharoplasty may correct the interference droopy eyelids can cause with your vision.
Your blepharoplasty will be done under general anesthesia, as an outpatient procedure, where Dr. Price will take every precaution for your safety and comfort.
During the procedure, small incisions are made in the natural creases of your upper eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed and the incisions are closed. For the lower lids, incisions are made under the lashes or inside your eye. These tiny incisions will be completely invisible once healed.
Consider a blepharoplasty if:
- You have excess skin which covers the natural fold of your eyelids
- You have puffy bags under your eyes
- You have loose skin which hangs down from your eyelids and covers your lashes
What about the recovery process?
- Expect your eyes to be swollen and bruised following surgery. This is normal and will subside.
- You may experience some pain and blurred vision.
- Applying ice packs can soothe the pain and control any inflammation.
- You should be able to return to work within two weeks.
- Walking is recommended in the early phase of your recovery…but take it easy!
- Heavy lifting and exercise is not recommended for several weeks after surgery. Avoid any exercise that requires you to bend over, such as yoga.
- The final results of your procedure will be visible within a month.
Want to know more? Call for a consultation with Dr. Price to discuss this life-changing procedure: (203) 453-6635.