The clock is ticking and time flies. Everybody ages. Fortunately, there is a perfect way to diminish the appearance of the fine facial lines and wrinkles associated with the passage of time. It’s the most popular aesthetic, cosmetic treatment in the world…Botox®.
What is it? Botox® is a purified form of botulinum toxin A, which means there’s no botulism risk when used properly.
How does it work? Botox® blocks the nerves that contract the facial muscles, softening the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox® is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t quite set, called dynamic wrinkles that appear while you’re moving the muscles of your face, such as when you smile and frown.
- Botox® is a fast, easy, non-surgical and minimally invasive solution for wrinkles in the forehead and around the mouth.
- Botox® lifts your brow making your face look less tired, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Botox® decreases excessive This is a benefit many people may not be aware of. For some people, excess sweating under the arms is an embarrassing problem that must be dealt with on a day to day basis. A simple Botox® treatment can lessen the amount of sweat produced.
Want to give Botox® a try?
- Remember that “less is more.” Ask for a natural, expressive look.
- If you take aspirin or ibuprofen, be sure to tell us before you schedule a treatment. These medications thin the blood and increase bleeding. Some natural suppléments, such as fish oil, gingko, or vitamin E, also thin the blood. Your doctor may ask you not to use those supplements for two weeks before your treatment.
- Parties are fun, but they are not a time to try Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology or plastic surgery.
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox® treatments.
If you are curious and would like to learn more, call for a Botox® consultation appointment with Dr. Price: (203) 453-6635.