Being a mother is one of the most satisfying jobs a woman could ever have. But like any job, motherhood also takes its toll on you. With this in mind, your body will change in lots of ways, many of them unwanted.
You may develop a saggy stomach or add unwanted fat around your waist. Your breasts may also lose their fullness and begin to sag. To look and feel great once again, moms in New Haven and Guilford, CT rely on Dr. Gary Price for his Mommy Makeover procedure.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of cosmetic procedures that restore your pre-baby appearance. It focuses on areas that are most affected by pregnancy. We customize Mommy Makeovers to meet the needs of every patient. Dr. Price can also include less extensive variations of these procedures with treatments like fat transfers and mini tummy tucks.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Most mothers who want to rejuvenate their bodies after having children make for good candidates. You may be a candidate for this procedure if you:
- Have sagging breasts
- Notice a loss in breast volume
- Are done having children/nursing
- Have excess skin and fat on your stomach
- Have lost a majority of your baby weight
Ideal patients for a Mommy Makeover will be in good health and maintain a healthy weight. Dr. Price will perform a thorough examination to determine whether or not this procedure is for you.
What Procedures Are Involved In A Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Price creates a personalized treatment plan that may include a tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast augmentation, or breast lift.
- Tummy Tuck: Skin and muscles around the abdomen stretch after childbirth. A tummy tuck tightens underlying muscles and removes excess skin, giving the patient a flatter abdomen.
- Liposuction: This is a simple and effective method for removing small deposits of fat from different areas of the body to improve contour and create a better figure.
- Breast Enhancement: Many women want a breast lift combined with breast augmentation. However, others want to undergo breast reduction surgery once they are done having kids.
How to Prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Price will provide you with preoperative instructions during your consultation. Since a Mommy Makeover is a major surgery, it is important to religiously follow these special recommendations:
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before your surgery as smoking can delay healing.
- Avoid taking medications that can increase your risks for bleeding. Such medications include aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Motrin).
- If you have kids, find someone to help take care of them for the early postoperative period. Lifting, driving, and cleaning are prohibited for at least several days, so be sure to have someone ready to help you out as you recover.
- Arrange for somebody to take you home after your Mommy Makeover and stay with you at home the first twenty-four hours.
Mommy Makeover Results
Expect bandages over your incisions, which the patient will need to keep dry for forty-eight hours. We may also require the patient to wear compression garments if liposuction has been done, which the doctor will provide. Tummy tuck patients may have soft flexible “drains”, and you will be instructed in their care. There will be post-surgery pain, but it will be manageable with medication we prescribe.
*Recovery from Mommy Makeover Surgery
Because multiple procedures are done together, you only have to go through one recovery period. The first week can be intense, but you should be able to walk slowly the day after surgery. Dr. Price will also prescribe pain medications to help alleviate pain and discomfort.
After the first week, you will be able to walk more often and comfortably and may be able to drive. Most patients have drains removed after one week. Full activity, including exercise, is limited until six weeks after a tummy tuck, and two weeks after breast surgery or liposuction.
Can I Have a Mommy Makeover If I Plan on Having More Children?
Dr. Gary Price suggests that women who seek undergoing this procedure are certain that they are done having children. Women who become pregnant after undergoing Mommy Makeover surgery risk reversing the results of their procedure. If you are having any doubt about whether or not you plan on more children, you should hold off on making any commitments.
Risks of a Mommy Makeover
All of the procedures performed in a Mommy Makeover are considered to be major surgeries. As such, they include risks such as:
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Poor healing
- Reaction to Amnesia
- Implant rupture
Dr. Gary Price will be sure to go over all the possible risks and complications associated with this procedure. Be sure to ask any questions and be up front with your concerns during your pre-operative appointments.
Schedule a Consultation
*Individual results may vary on case by case basis to the end of the page.