Aging is to blame for the formation of lines and wrinkles, and it’s also one of the top reasons why your lips start to look thinner over time. A lip enhancement procedure can give you the fuller, plumper lips you want. Here’s what you need to do about this popular cosmetic treatment.
- Lip enhancement is good for women who are self-conscious about the appearance of their thin lips.
- Lips can be restored to a more natural, normal appearance, or a lip enhancement can even out uneven lips.
- There is more than one way to enhance the appearance of your lips, and different methods can be combined to give you the look you desire. This includes fat transfer, natural or synthetic fillers, dermal grafts, lip implants, lip lifts and Vermilion advancement. Vermillion advancement is a surgical procedure that involves making an incision around the borders of the lips and pulling the skin around the border to achieve fullness.
- The newest dermal filler Restylane Kysse is increasingly popular as it can provide results for up to a year. Other dermal fillers provide great results but last anywhere from three to six months.
- Most lip augmentation procedures take around 30 minutes or less.
- For patients who choose dermal fillers, the recovery period is relatively short. You may notice redness, swelling and bruising at the injection sites for the first 1-2 days after surgery, but this can be covered with lipstick or makeup.
- For patients who undergo lip augmentation surgery with implants, you will need to lay low for about 1-3 days after surgery. For the first 1-2 weeks, you’ll want to avoid putting any pressure or pulling around the lips as it can cause implants to shift.
You have many options when it comes to lip enhancement. Dr. Price will discuss your options and help you determine the best one for your condition and goals. If you’ve been wanting more youthful, kissable lips, call (203) 453-6635 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Price.