Cosmetic chin surgery (“chin implants” or “chin augmentation”) is the option of choice for anyone who feels that their chin is small, poorly shaped or does not fit well with their facial shape. A chin augmentation can add balance and proportion to the chin as it relates to other facial features. Chin augmentation is accomplished with implants which increase the size or modify the shape of the chin.
Becoming educated about the procedure is an important first step if you are curious about chin implants:
- If you are in good health and have reasonable goals and expectations, you would be a good candidate for a chin implant.
- Keep in mind that a chin implant won’t make you look like someone else, but it can enhance and balance your features.
- Chin augmentation offers many aesthetic benefits for those who have a recessed, pointed or square chin, a prominent nose or a fleshy neck.
- Chin implants are often used in conjunction with a “nose job” (rhinoplasty) and may also be used with cheek implants to achieve overall facial balance.
- Before the surgery, you’ll consult with Dr. Price and discuss your medical history, any dental problems you’ve had, and any prior cosmetic or facial reconstructive surger
- The chin implant, which is made of a silicone material and is shaped like the narrow chin guard of a sports helmet, is placed through an incision inside your lower lip or under your chin.
- Recovery is typically quick; a week off from work is usually sufficient.
- After the surgery, you will have some mild bruising and swelling that can last a few days. Dr. Price will let you know what to watch for as far as excessive or abnormal swelling or bruising.
If you think you would be a good candidate for a chin implant and would like to know more, call for a consultation with Dr. Price, today: (203) 453-6635.