We all know how difficult it is to get rid of love handles and muffin tops, even if you are in the best of health. If you are looking for a simple way to get rid of those extra bits of fat and have the toned, shapely, and contoured body you’ve always wanted, liposuction may be the answer for you!
What is liposuction?
In a liposuction procedure, a small tube is inserted into the body through tiny incisions and the fat is suctioned out. Your doctor will place the tube in just the right places to remove fat deposits. Here are some other things you should know about liposuction:
1. You should be in good overall health for this procedure.
2. Liposuction can be used not only on the abdomen but also the hips, back, knees, arms, thighs, buttocks, face, and neck.
3. It is an outpatient procedure, which means you don’t have to stay in the hospital overnight.
4. It is performed using local anesthesia or intravenous sedation. You may feel a pinching sensation at the beginning of the procedure, but after that you should feel no pain at all.
5. You will probably have some bruising in the area for about 2 weeks. You may need pain medication for a few days after the procedure.
6. You will be given a compression garment to wear after the procedure.
7. You should limit your exercise for about 2 weeks after the procedure, but after those 2 weeks you can return to your regular activities.
8. It can take 3 to 6 months to see the final results of liposuction, although you will start to notice results at about 6 weeks afterward.
9. Liposuction removes fat cells permanently, but you can always regain weight! Make sure that you eat a healthy diet (with lots of low-fat dairy, fruits, veggies, and whole grains) and get lots of exercise!
Liposuction is a quick and easy way to get rid of those stubborn pockets of fat. Contact the office of Dr. Gary J. Price in New Haven or Fairfield County, CT, about liposuction. Call (203) 453-6635 for an appointment today!