Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in the United States, and for good reason. No matter their reason for going under the knife, women find many benefits to this surgery, including improved contours and self-esteem.
Here are seven reasons why you should consider a breast augmentation.
- Your breasts didn’t develop. Some women have a condition called micromastia, which is when their breasts failed to develop as they should during puberty. This can affect one or both breasts, making women feel self-conscious.
- You’ve experienced pregnancy or lost a significant amount of weight. Pregnancy and fluctuations in weight can do a number on the volume and perky appearance of your breasts. A breast augmentation may be performed with a breast lift to “lift” the breasts into a more youthful position.
- One breast is a different size than the other. Breast augmentation surgery can address asymmetry in breasts. Not only does this look bother some women, but it can make it more difficult to shop for bras or tops that fit properly.
- You’ve had a mastectomy. If you’ve undergone a mastectomy to treat breast cancer, a breast augmentation is part of the reconstruction process to help restore the normal look and feel of your breasts.
- You can change the shape and size of the areola. The areola is the pigmented area of the skin that surrounds your nipple. During breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Price can change the size and shape of your areolae to a size that’s more in proportion with the size of your breasts.
- You want to improve self-esteem. Breast enhancement surgery has been linked to significant improvement in self-esteem.
- It can be performed with other procedures. A breast augmentation may be done with other body contouring procedures such as liposuction and tummy tuck for what’s called a mommy makeover. A body lift may be done to help patients who have reached a weight loss goal.
While breast augmentation surgery comes with numerous benefits to the patient, it’s important that you make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons and not being influenced by others. If you’re interested in learning more, (203) 453-6635 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Price.