Oftentimes, even with good health and fitness, localized fat deposits may remain for reasons out of your control, including genetics. The bulges that develop in the first places you gain weight are often the last places to disappear when you lose weight. Liposuction surgery in New Haven County, CT can benefit men and women in many ways by improving their proportions, enhancing their self-image, and achieving a thinner appearance.
Request a consultation online or call us at 203-453-6635 to learn more about liposuction. People from Hartford, Fairfield and throughout New England choose Dr. Gary Price for smooth, attractive results.
Liposuction can reshape many parts of the body, but it is important to remember that liposuction is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise. It is not a substitute for weight loss. Additional treatments to complement liposuction are needed to treat cellulite (skin that appears dimpled) or sagging skin.
Depending on what is best for you, liposuction may be performed alone or in addition to other surgical procedures including tummy tuck and breast reduction surgery procedures. Some women who have undergone breast augmentation also choose liposuction to complete their body transformation.
General anesthesia is not necessary for liposuction. It is performed using local anesthesia and the tumescent technique, or intravenous sedation. Areas in which we perform liposuction are:
- Face and Neck: Liposuction can effectively remove fat from the chin, cheeks, and jowls. Liposuction of the face may be combined with other skin enhancing procedures, including laser skin rejuvenation with Lumenis® ActiveFX™ and DeepFX™ for improved results.
- Breasts: Breast liposuction may be part of a breast reduction surgery for either men or women. For men with gynecomastia, this can be a very effective option. For women having breast reduction surgery, liposuction is considered on an individual basis. Liposuction may be an option that helps reduce scarring for breast reduction surgery or assists with a standard breast reduction procedure. Liposuction is often an excellent technique for correcting asymmetrical or uneven breasts.
- Abdomen: Abdominal liposuction removes fat deposits from the stomach and improves body contour. Liposuction of the abdomen is often combined with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). This procedure can yield excellent long-lasting results when combined with proper diet and exercise.
- Thighs and Buttocks: Liposuction in the thigh and buttock areas can yield a trim appearance and contour in the lower body. It can be an excellent way to reduce the fat deposits that commonly build up in these areas.
- Hips and Back: Liposuction of the hips and back can create a slimmer midsection. Liposuction can be very effective in improving these "trouble spots."
- Arms: Fat deposits on the arms may make you feel uncomfortable wearing short sleeve shirts. Usually performed for women, arm liposuction reduces the appearance of heavy, bulky arms that may be out of proportion with the rest of the body.
- Knees, Calves: Specific fat deposits around the knees and calves that accrue with age can be effectively targeted and reduced with liposuction.
This treatment is for:
- Breast appearance
- Gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts)
- Large heavy breasts
- Sagging skin
- "Love handles," "saddle bags," or other bulges
Your Next Step
Are you ready to find out more about liposuction surgery? Request a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Price or call his office in Guilford at 203-453-6635. His office is convenient to patients from New Haven and other communities in Connecticut and Rhode Island, and is 90 minutes from New York.