Nothing is more satisfying than having an immediate solution for wrinkles or scars – facial fillers, also known as dermal fillers, do exactly that. Applied via injection, fillers effectively diminish fine lines and help improve volume in the face. This minimally-invasive procedure is one of the popular cosmetic options that Dr. Price offers his patients in New Haven, Connecticut to give both men and women a wrinkle-free appearance. Check out Dr. Gary J. Price featured in Connecticut Style talking about facial fillers.
Who are ideal candidates for facial fillers?
You could be a good candidate for facial fillers if:
- You have good overall health.
- You do not smoke.
- You have signs of facial aging such as lines, wrinkles, or hollowing.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the treatment.
What are my facial filler options?
There are several facial fillers that can help soften and smooth out wrinkles quickly. Dr. Price offers the following options:
- Restylane and Perlane – Available in gel form, these hyaluronic acid fillers are utilized to fix moderate to severe creases or wrinkles on the face, especially nasolabial folds, or the lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth. After the procedure, the body will naturally work to produce more hyaluronic acid, adding volume to the skin. The results of the treatment usually last up to six to eight months, depending on the patient’s skin and its response to the treatment. Patients wanting to correct the signs of aging on the lips and cheeks, as well as camoflage sagging skin and jowls, can use these fillers to achieve the desired effect.
- Radiesse – This facial filler contains calcium hydroxylapatite, a natural mineral that is found in human bones and teeth. This filler is intended for patients looking for a long-lasting solution (one year or more) to facial creases and loose skin.
- Juvederm – Like Restylane and Perlane, Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid. This acid is naturally produced by the body to maintain skin volume and hydration. After injecting this filler into the areas that require treatment, it can instantly wipe out smile lines, recessed scars, and even shallow face contours. Though improvements are not permanent, Juvederm provides noticeable results that may last for up to a year. In case deeper correction is needed, Juvederm Ultra Plus is recommended.
- Sculptra – This filler is intended for patients with deeper contour issues. Aging may lead to shallow or flattened cheeks, hollow eyes, and indentations in the face. When injected into the affected area, it can restore facial volume and enhance the patient’s overall appearance. Sculptra can also enhance cheek prominence much like a cheek implant, without surgery.Results are not immediate, but can last for two years.
- Voluma – Is a hyaluronic acid product with similar uses as Sculptra. It gives immediate results, and can also last for two years.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
It is not recommended to take aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medications at least two weeks before your procedure. These medicines may cause unusual bruising or bleeding and should be avoided in order to achieve optimal results. Do not wear makeup on the day of your treatment. If there is an existing skin problem such as infection or sunburn, let the area heal before getting facial fillers. Most importantly, seek professional advice before any cosmetic procedure. Through the evaluation and guidance of Dr. Price, you will know which facial filler is right for you.